A tool that offers us a multitude of options to record and edit songs with our own voice. Not only that, but it helps us create a pretty decent piece of music thanks to the autotune too, no matter how bad we sing. All this from the mobile, without the need for additional devices or music studios.
What is Voloco about
Voloco is an application to sing with real-time speech processing, which applies a multitude of interesting stereo and quality vocal effects to our voice. Combines automatic tuning and tuning, pitch-shifting, harmony vocoder and voice coding, with other effects such as reverbs, equalizations and compression. In short, a large number of effects and possibilities to unleash our musical creativity, even if we are not musicians.
We can sing, rap or reggaeton with or without a background song, or simply make funny recordings, and then save or share our creations both in video and audio. When we choose to sing over a musical track, Voloco’s internal algorithms automatically determine the key of the melody and try to correct our voice, adapting it to the song.
Apart from being able to import music tracks to sing over them, the app includes a series of rhythms, the so-called “Voloco Rhythms”, which allow us to access for free and quickly a great variety of rhythmic bases on which to sing.
As limitations, Voloco presents a few. It must be used yes or yes with headphones, in fact, as soon as you open the app, the screen reader is heard through the mobile phone’s earpiece and we cannot hear it properly. Of course, it is preferable to use some that have a cable, because bluetooth usually have some delay and we will not be able to synchronize our voice well with the musical tracks. In addition, the recording itself presents numerous distortions and interferences, so we must take care of the environment in which we record.
How to start recording in Voloco
To start recording, you must perform the following steps:
- The first thing is to select the vocal effect and other parameters such as the equalization or reverb that we want to apply to our voice. If we want, we can even import a song we want to sing about.
- Now we rehearse a bit what we are going to do. For this, it is essential to have the “Voice Monitor” activated. In “Mixture”, We can regulate the volume of our voice and the background music track until we find the right level.
- Well, once we have sufficiently rehearsed our interpretation, we press the button “Start recording”. If we have selected a background song, we will listen to it immediately, or sing ‘a cappella’.
- When you stop it, it starts playing automatically. If we are not convinced by the selected effect and reverb, or any other parameter, even the volume of the background track, we can modify all of this from this screen and listen to the changes.
- If we are already satisfied with our musical creation, we press the “Next” button.
- In the new screen that opens, in “Edit title”, We can put a name to our interpretation. We can also Share it either as audio or video on different social networks, or save it in storage.
A payment service that is not accessible to everyone
Voloco comes with a basic starter pack with five free vocal effects called “Fine Tuning”, “Great Chorus”, “Natural Tuning”, “Noise Reduction Only” and “Super Vocoder”. Of course, it includes many more effects, but these are only available if purchased. Some of them can be purchased individually with a single payment, while others are only available in the premium version of low payment. monthly or yearly subscription. However, the five included effects, in combination with the various free reverbs and EQs available, may already be enough to unleash our most creative and imaginative side.
The paid version, apart from freeing all effect packs and not showing ads, also allows you to use some functions such as export wav files and one-touch preset change. As for the ads, do not panic, they only appear after saving a recording, and can be closed without problems and in a totally accessible way (if on any occasion it is not possible to close any of them, just press the start button to go to the desk and when you return, it will no longer be).