Do you have a phone Nokia? Well, this post interests you! Juho Sarvikas, the CPO (product manager) of HMD Global (the company behind Nokia) has put on his twitter A list of phones that will update to Android Pie, version 9 of this Operating System that we love so much. These will be the terminals that will receive the expected update.
Many people are the ones who eagerly await the updates of their Nokia devices, characterized by running on Android Stock, and therefore having almost guaranteed updates, due to company policy and the minimal modification of the Operating System.
Android 9 for everyone … Or almost
They have not only told us which phones they update but when they update, something that is much appreciated. Let’s see the long-awaited list.
Have already received update
- Nokia 7 Plus: You received your update on September 28, 2018.
- Nokia 6.1: You received your update on October 30, 2018.
- Nokia 6.1 Plus: He received his update a day after his little brother, on October 31, 2018.
- Nokia 7.1: You received your update on November 27, 2018.
- Nokia 5.1 Plus: It received its update a month later, on December 27, 2018. Great Christmas gift for users of this terminal.
Update this month
Within these there are a couple that have given us dates and two other phones that have not. It remains like this.
- Nokia 8 Sirocco: Started receiving updates on January 9, 2019 (the list says 2018, but we understand this must be a mistake since it was updated earlier this month)
- Nokia 8: It started receiving updates on January 18, 2019 (it also says 2018, but it’s the same case)
- Nokia 5: No day is specified, it is only “January 2019”, so it should already be receiving updates, or if not, it will be very little.
- Nokia 3.1 Plus: Same case, “January 2019”. Look forward to your update!
For these there is no specific date, but they indicate more or less when they will be, they are the following:
- Nokia 6: First quarter of 2019, they do not specify more, but surely it will not be long, Nokia carries a fairly decent update policy due to Android One.
- Nokia 5.1: Yes, although its “predecessor” (although not exactly its predecessor) the Nokia 5 already has an update, for the 5.1 it will take a little longer to see it with Android Pie in its guts. First quarter of 2019.
- Nokia 3.1: First quarter of 2019.
- Nokia 2.1: Again, first quarter of 2019.
- Nokia 3: Beginning of the second quarter of 2019.
- Nokia 1: Like his older brother. Second quarter of 2019.
The catalog of Nokia phones that will taste the Android cake is very extensive, but what has stood out most to many users is that they have not included one of the little ones in the family. Nokia 2 not listed, will not receive Android
And your phone? Are you updating to Android 9?