Each new version of the Samsung TouchWiz user interface includes more configuration and customization options. Well, we are going to indicate in this article how it is possible to change the shortcuts on the lock screen of the Samsung Galaxy S7. As you will see, this is very simple.
By the way, that everything that has to be done does not require the use of third-party applications since, as we have indicated, the android customization –It seems that it could leave the app drawer in its next version – it offers everything you need to carry out the process. And, in addition, with the models of the Galaxy S6 range with Marshmallow, apart from the Samsung Galaxy S7, it is also possible to do what we will indicate in this tutorial.
What to do, and it’s simple
Next we indicate, apo by step, what must be done to change the icons with direct access to functionalities that are in the lock screen and that, through gestures, avoid having to fully activate the Samsung Galaxy S7 to be able to use them. Thus, it gains greater speed when performing actions -which are access to the phone or the camera by default-.
This is what you have to do, without changing the order nor skip any step:
- Access the Terminal Settings, use the icon in the shape of a gear in the list of applications.
- Now select the Lock screen and security option. Then tap on App shortcut information
- Here you can customize the lock screen, and what you have to use for its intended purpose is to use Application Shortcuts
- A screen opens in which you can see the previewed screen and, at the bottom, there is a section for the left icon and another for the right. Click on the one you want to change and a list with the available developments appears
- Select the one you want to add by clicking on it – then proceed with the direct access on the right, if you need it. Once this is done, you are done and you can return to the desktop as usual
Others tutorials You can find them for the Google operating system in this section of Android Help, without necessarily having a Samsung Galaxy S7.