However, what many do not know is that, to this day, yes it is possible to use Google Chrome extensions on Android. To do this, of course, you have to resort to a browser other than Google Chrome, and follow a series of steps that we go through that we are going to see below, but that will be worth it to have any add-on in the Google browser.
What are Chrome extensions for?
Most likely, you already know about this extremely popular feature in the operation of the browser, especially since its days on the computer. It does not hurt to explain what these extensions can serve us, since it is a very important fact in Android.
Extensions They are like applications that you install in this browser as a plugin and that, like the apps on your mobile, they fulfill specific functions that make the user experience better. The variety and quantity of extensions is enormous: there are them to increase your productivity, to play games, to improve online security and a lot more. In addition, with some exceptions, almost all extensions can be downloaded for free, and are officially distributed by Google Chrome through its store.
Yandex browser: the browser for Android compatible with Chrome extensions
Yandex is a famous technology multinational of Russian origin, which for some years has been developing its own applications for Android. Among them, we find a own browser, Yandex Browser, which is based on Chromium technology. This has allowed the company to incorporate and enhance some of Chrome’s native features.
But the Yandex Browser feature that interests us this time is extensions. As soon as we open the browser for the first time, we will see that it has a simple interface, whose home screen is a vertical carousel of shortcuts to different web pages of interest. When we open the menu at the bottom, however, we find an option that we will see in very few Android browsers: extensions.
Default, the app includes the LastPass, Pocket and Evernote extensions, and from the app’s own settings it is possible to access the catalog of installed extensions. Now, how do you install Google Chrome extensions in Yandex Browser?
- The first step will be to access the google chrome extension store or Chrome Web Store from the Yandex browser for Android.
- Find the extension you want to download, and click on “Add to Chrome”. A pop-up window will appear that you must accept by clicking on “Add extension”.
- The extension will begin to download. To check if it has been installed correctly, click on the menu button of the browser, and Go to the “Extensions” section.
- In some cases, the extension will have to be activated manually from the extensions menu, as you can see in the image below these lines.
In this way, we will have installed an extension available from the Chrome store, and it will be possible use through Yandex browser for Android. Keep in mind that, since the vast majority of these extensions are created to work on desktop platforms, malfunctions may appear and it may be necessary to uninstall them. Even so, we have been able to see for ourselves how some of the most popular work without major problems.
On the other hand, Yandex itself points out in the browser settings that the feature that allows you to install Chrome extensions is in beta, and therefore it is to be expected that its operation will improve over time.
How to install Adblock on your Android through Chrome
Specifically, we are going to show how one of the most popular and used extensions can be installed in the Google browser, which is Adblock. Keep in mind that Advertising is very important, as it is the main source of income for thousands of web pages, so this type of application hurts, and a lot, to your work. But it is no less true that many other websites use invasive and malicious ads, which do not allow you to navigate comfortably.
For this reason, we recommend using this trick to have an ad blocker in Chrome only on those pages where it is impossible for you to navigate due to the large amount of advertising they have. As you will see, the process is extremely simple, since you will only have to perform four steps.
- Access the Chrome Settings menu by clicking on the three buttons located at the top right
- Find the option Site Settings and access it.
- Look for the option Pop-ups and redirects and access it.
- Turn on the switch that indicates Pop-ups and redirects to use or disable the pop-up blocker.
With this, you will have been able to block pop-up windows, which are extremely annoying. And to block advertising, you must follow these steps.
- Access the Chrome Settings menu by clicking on the three buttons located at the top right.
- Find the option Site Settings and access it.
- Look for the Ads and redirects option and access it.
- Turn off the switch that says Ads to use or turn off the ad blocker.
As we have indicated, the process is very simple, so you should not have any problem following the steps. And in case you are looking for another web browser other than Chrome, we recommend Brave browser.
Without a doubt, one of the best options to consider, as it will block ads, pop-ups and other annoying elements so that you can enjoy the best experience when browsing the Internet.