When you launch a flagship and it is a total success, launching new devices is a breeze. Samsung has found it very easy to launch a Galaxy S3 Mini. It had the same name as the great smartphone, but with an improved price, a similar design, following the same line, and lower capabilities to lower the cost of it. Now, not because it is less powerful we can get less out of it. Let’s see how to root the Samsung Galaxy s3 Mini to get superuser permissions.
Although the steps are simple, they could lead to the occasional complication in some detail. However, the procedure is safe, and that is always appreciated. Of course, whenever you do something of this type, you should know that it is under your responsibility, and that the device could suffer the consequences, although it does not usually happen or is not frequent as long as the steps are followed in the correct way. In addition, you must be aware that with this procedure it is possible that you lose the data and files of the device, so you have to make a backup of all those files that you want to keep.
- Download the pre-rooted system file to install: Root Galaxy S3 Mini.
- Unzip the downloaded file, leaving a file with a .tar.md5 extension.
- Download Odin 3: Odin3.zip
- Unzip and run Odin.
- We check that the Re-partition box is not checked.
- Click on the PDA button.
- We select the file that we unzipped at the beginning I8190XXALK6_I8190XEFALK1_HOME_ROOTED.tar.md5.
- We activate USB debugging on the Galaxy S3 Mini: Settings> About phone> USB debugging.
- We turn off the Galaxy S3 Mini.
- Simultaneously press the Volume Up + Home buttons + Off button.
- We connect the device to the computer and wait for the LED to turn blue.
- When this happens, press the Start button, and it will begin to root.
- We wait for the process to finish.
- We verify that we are Root through the application that we already talked about.
You can follow the tutorial in depth in the forums of XDA Developers.