There are really two ways to disable this Google Maps history, although both are very easy to carry out. If you are not interested in having the Mountain Viewers track your location, whether you are traveling or on a daily basis, discover how to deactivate it.
What is location history for?
It is a function that Google implemented long ago to determine the places visited or the route taken during a trip, supposedly to offer a personalized service to each user. This leads us to think that it may be a full-fledged follow-up, to recommend products and services that are in accordance with our tastes.
Of course, this function belonging to the Google Mobile Services, allows us to determine our position in case of disappearance or in case of loss of the mobile device. In this way, it is not always negative to have the location history activated.
How to disable location history from Google Maps
The first option is to deactivate it from the browser app itself. To do this, we navigate through the menu that is displayed by pressing the three horizontal bars at the top.
- We will see a section called “Saved”, on the bottom.
- We go to the three vertical points to access «Settings»
- We go to “Location settings”, where another menu appears.
- We go down to where it says “Location history is on.”
- We enter that section and we can deactivate it with a slide button.
- We also have the option of not only deactivating, but also deleting the history completely in “Delete location history”, as well as activating the automatic removal looking to the future.
You can also deactivate the history from the Google app
There is the possibility that, for reasons of use or lack of space, we do not have Google Maps installed or it is disabled. In that case, we can deactivate the history from the Google’s own app. With the application already open, we must follow the following steps:
- We go to the “More” section, represented by three horizontal dots.
- In that menu, we click on our profile photo, where a button called “Manage your Google account” is displayed.
- We slide through the menus until we find “Data and personalization”.
- We go down a bit, and we’ll see the “Location History” option. We press and we can also deactivate the Google chronology.