With the ROM that the Chinese company itself has revealed, which is totally official and therefore offers total security and compatibility, you can leave Android KitKat behind and make the leap to version 5.1 of the Google operating system, something that was initially questioned but has finally happened.
Of course, the process has to be carried out manually, so the firmware is not received directly on the Huawei Ascend Mate 2 itself, which leaves some simplicity. And what is the reason for this to be so? Well, simply because this is a trial version, so it is possible that there may be a malfunction (it is always possible to go back using this file and following the same steps that we will indicate below).
What is to be done
The first thing is to get the compressed file that contains Android 5.1 with EMUI 3.1 (link). Once this is done, you should check that your Huawei Ascend Mate 2 is compatible with the firmware that you have obtained – this is done in the Settings and must be the model MT2-L03-. If you meet this, it is necessary that the version of the software installed on your phablet is one of these two: V100R001C00B126 or V100R001C00B148, since otherwise the process will fail. It is also essential to have a microSD card of 4 GB or more.
If you meet these requirements, you can start with the manual installation which, as we always warn, is sole responsibility of the user and you must have at least 90% charged battery (make a backup of your data, as it will be lost):
- Format the microSD card (this is optional, but recommended)
- Extract the contents of the ZIP file with Android 5.1 for the Huawei Ascend Mate 2
- Copy the entire folder named “dload”To the root of the microSD card
- Turn off the Huawei Ascend Mate 2 and insert the card into the phablet
- Now start the device by pressing and holding the Volume Up + Volume Down buttons. Without releasing, do the same with the Power. Drop the latter when you see the Huawei Ascend Mate 2 start
- It will start the update process automatically and end when the progress bar reaches the end
- It is possible that the first reboot will enter the emergency dialog of the Huawei Ascend Mate 2, if this is the case, select Choose the Factory data reset and later And it is
- Now just wait for the Huawei Ascend Mate 2 to reboot to enjoy Android Lollipop
Other ROMs for devices with google operating system You can find out about them in this section of Android Help, where there are options for all types of terminals.