The process is specific to the models of the Korean company (although it can be transferred without problems to those of other manufacturers). Of course, there is something very important that you should know if you carry out this process: the information you have stored and the installed applications are lost -these can be downloaded again from the Play Store or Galaxy App stores, there is no problem with this-. Therefore, this is a last resort to take as there is no going back and, Always make a backup of essential data first.
This is how to restore if your Samsung is slow
There are two ways to do the Factory restoration. The first is through the use of the software that is included in the terminal and the second is to resort to what is called a “Hard reset” -to do this, you have to turn off the phone and start the device in a different way. First, we will discuss how to proceed using the included operating system and, as always, the responsibility of following these steps is the sole responsibility of the user (and it is highly recommended that the phone be connected to the power).
This is the process called “Soft reset” And, to carry it out, you must do the following (we indicate the options whether you have the new TouchWiz UX version, included for example in the Galaxy Note 4, or the previous one, which is from the game in the Galaxy S4):
- The first thing is to access the phone settings, to do this, display the notifications and click on the icon that has the shape of cogwheel
- Now, if your device is a model with TouchWiz UX, look for the Personalization section and, in it, Backup and reset (If the version of the customization is the previous one, the this option is in General).
- Search Factory data reset and press it. The terminal will inform you that all accounts will be deleted and everything that will be deleted. Click on the button at the bottom and wait for the process to complete (it will take a while and the phone will restart).
- The process will be complete and, as you will see, you will even have to do the initial setup.
Steps to do a “Hard reset”
This is a more aggressive option but, the truth is that much more efficient. In addition, it is common in all terminals of the Korean company. Of course, you have to be very careful but the effectiveness if your Samsung is slow is much greater.
- Turn off your phone and, once you have done this, you must restart it by pressing the following buttons: Volume Up + Power + Home
- A menu will appear in which you must use the volume buttons to move through it and the Power button to select options. Now look for the option Wipe Data / Factory reset
- Select it and choose now Yes – delete all user data. Now press the Power button
- Now you must look for the option in the menu called Reboot syetem now and when you run it you will have your phone as new
The two options that we have explained are valid if your Samsung is slow, but we remember that these processes are a last option as the data is lost. But, yes, it will verify that your terminal will “fly” again as the first day you used it. Other tricks for your device with Google’s operating system can be found in this section of Android Help.