Although it is strange to believe it because of its low diffusion, the truth is that the announcement has been made official through the support page for Google Play Points. This announcement relates the availability of the rewards system throughout the Spanish territory, so the arrival at the users’ terminals is imminent.
What Google Play Points brings us to Spain
It’s a step forward for Google, in the direction of having more interaction with Android users. Especially, offer rewards for visiting the store every day in search of new applications or games that are paid and that, obviously, cost a pinch of the pocket.
Since his debut in 2018, he has been traveling through different countries such as Japan, the United States, Germany, Australia, France, Hong Kong, the United Kingdom and Taiwan. Now, in addition to the arrival in Spain, Google Play Points expands to a total of 13 new countries, being the majority countries of the old continent in which this rewards program was not yet available. Some of them are Italy, Greece, Sweden, Switzerland, the Netherlands, Saudi Arabia, Finland, Norway or Ireland, among others.
Google Play Points program
With the imminent launch of Google Play Points in Spain, you will start earning 1 point for every euro spent, but during the first week of joining the program you will receive a welcome offer of 3 extra points for each purchase. Google Play has established several levels of classification (we will start as Bronze), in which you will level up as you get more points in order to gain more advantages and, in turn, more points:
- Bronze. 1 euro spent equals 1 point. During the monthly events each dollar will be equal to 4 points; and 2 points for renting movies and buying books.
- Silver. 1 euro spent equals 1.1 points. During the monthly events each dollar will be equal to 4 points; and 3 points for renting movies and buying books. The maximum monthly prize is 5th silver points.
- Gold. 1 euro spent equals 1.2 points. During the monthly events each dollar will be equal to 4 points; and 4 points for movie rentals and book purchases. The maximum monthly prize is 200 gold points.
- Platinum. 1 euro spent equals 1.4 points. During the monthly events each dollar will be equal to 4 points; and 5 points for movie rentals and book purchases. The maximum monthly prize is 500 gold points.
These bonuses are carried out by Google Play for the purchases made in the store, offering the points that we have exposed just now to redeem them in any paid content of the store. Games, applications, books, movies, music … any item that carries a price will be subject to this point system. To start earning and redeeming points, you just have to do a simple step in Google Play, either on Android or from the computer, as both versions are compatible:
- Opens Play Store.
- Touch Menu → Play Points, located in the lateral space that opens by clicking on the three horizontal lines
- Touch Join.