It seems that the Internal storage of Android smartphones and tablets is never enough. Sooner or later we get the notice that we don’t have enough memory space to install an app or anything else. Well, to solve it we just have to carry out a series of steps, as in cleaning a home, so that everything is perfect.
As you will see below, “clean ”your Android is really simple. Today we will offer you eight steps to maximize internal storage and, although some of you probably already know some other solution, we are sure that you will learn something to get the most out of it.
Uninstall applications that we no longer use: The truth is that it is a somewhat obvious step, but it is quite important. Surely many of you have an application on your phone or tablet that you installed to test and then you did not like … Our advice? Eliminate them, they take up space unnecessarily.
- Move or minimize the size of images: If you have been using your smartphone for a long time, you may have taken a lot of photos that are taking up space on your internal storage. One option is to delete them, yes, but the wisest thing to do would be to move them to a cloud service such as Dropbox or Drive or even use applications that reduce the size and resolution of images, such as AVG Image Shrink.
- Delete videos: There is not much more to say about this option, although you can also try solutions like the previous one.
- Delete the music you no longer listen to: The latest multimedia content that we accumulate indefinitely on our Android. Consider using platforms like Spotify or other streaming music services to avoid consuming too much memory.
- Get rid of downloads: When we download a file in PDF or any other format, they usually stay forever in our download folder. Delete them in case you are not going to use them again.
- Find the largest files and folders: There are applications like this that help you to know instantly what is the space occupied by your folders and files in graphic form, so that we can eliminate everything that bothers us.
- Clear app cache: It is a very simple step and we will earn hundreds of MB. We will only have to go to Settings -> Applications and choose “delete data from the cache”.
- Remove bloatware: Bloatware is that software that many Android devices have built-in from the factory because of precisely that, the manufacturers. In the event that you are a root user, you can eliminate any trace that comes standard with the terminal, so that it is clean of impurities if we wish.
Have we forgotten a step to free up space on our Android? If so, we await your suggestions in the comments and as always, don’t forget to visit our tutorials section.