Pirate battles online
The essence of the game is that of a combat between two fleets of pirate ships that will have to conquer a treasure island. For this you will be at the helm of a ship and the rest of the fleet will be made up of other users on-line which can be your friends or other random ones.
During the course of the game we will also have to fulfill a series of missions, very similar to the trophies of the PlayStation, to level up faster.
The game has purchases within the application that will allow us to improve or resources independently of our performance in the game.
Finally, we will have several scenarios to play through and that we will have to unlock. Each of them has a uniqueness and they will bring us more or less difficulty.
Pirates Code is a game that we can play in several ways:
- A mode battle which will be the one we play the most. This mode is the arena, the one where we face other players online to get experience and the necessary loot to continue advancing in the game.
- A mode training in which we will compete with the machine and that will help us to gain technique and get hold of the mechanics of the game.
- Then we will have a mode Ocean to Eternity in which we will face ‘bosses’ of the game itself face to face. A rather difficult mode with which to get all our skill at the helm.
- A mode individual in which we can navigate on our own and compete in a free-for-all mode for the title of the most fearsome pirate on the seas.
Create your pirate ship
One of the keys to the game is that we can customize our boat. For this we will have to win battles and get what they call war rewards, which are materials, experience and coins with which to improve our ships or buy new ones. At the beginning we will start with a Viking ship.
We will also have the possibility of hiring different captains in the tavern so that he can govern our ship and thus these grant him special ‘powers’ such as greater attack or life regeneration, for example.
Finally, we can also improve our hired boat crew and that way we can repair ourselves or shoot faster.
Sink the enemy fleets
Pirates Code is an online multiplayer game 5 vs 5 in which we will have to face a rival fleet to get the loot in dispute.
The action unfolds from a perspective on third person from which we will be able to see our ship and the rest of the scene in which the fight unfolds. We can move this view to the left or right, something very important to be able to know where the enemies are shooting at us.
For the handling of the boat we will have several buttons:
- At the bottom left, the controls for rudder and anchor, which come to be a simile of moving and stopping. The anchor is key, since to conquer the island and take the loot we must be anchored until we reach 100% that indicates that we have conquered the island and we have won the battle.
- Below we will have the left and right buttons that we can replace with the image of a rudder, to give the game more atmosphere.
- On the right side of the image we have the action buttons of the ship in a shape similar to that of a square formed by the two firing modes, the shield and a turbo.
About the weapons available with which we can sink rival fleets, we can improve them over the hours, but in general we will have a missile launch that goes straight and the guns, with which we will have to aim to hit the target, although this It will be very simple since the game itself will do it for us.
We are not indestructible and in the lower half of the screen we will have the life that we have left. If we die, we will have to wait 12 seconds until we reappear at the starting point and we will have to return to the battlefield that the island to conquer. We will also have the opportunity to repair our ship if we ‘dock’ in a marked area on the map.
A good pirate game
Pirates Code is one of those titles that once you know them you can’t stop playing. It offers everything you can ask for in a pirate game: action, ship battles, treasures, adventures …
In short, it is a very good option if you are looking for an entertaining game, with which to play while you are waiting or before going to bed. It is simple, easy to understand and does not need many specifications to be played without any fluidity problems.