The Samsung Galaxy Note 5 is going to be released this week. However, users of the Samsung Galaxy Note 4 are also in luck, because the update to Android 5.1.1 Lollipop begins to arrive. For now, it has landed in the United States, but it could soon reach Spain as well. We also explain the process to follow to update right now.
Android 5.1.1 Lollipop
If you have a Samsung Galaxy Note 4 you have one of the best mobiles of the moment. In fact, it is only surpassed by the high-end phones launched this year, and the truth is that not even all are better than the Samsung Galaxy Note 4. It is logical, therefore, that the update to Android 5.1.1 Lollipop arrives now to the smartphone. In addition, it is also something to highlight because the Samsung Galaxy Note 5 is going to be launched this week, which could lead us to deduce that from this moment, the updates for the Samsung Galaxy Note 4 will become less and less a priority. . For this reason, the fact that the update to Android 5.1.1 Lollipop now arrives is something so remarkable, because probably the next update will already be to Android M.
The update has become available in the United States for the Samsung Galaxy Note 4 marketed by the Sprint operator. They have not yet been officially launched for free smartphones, much less in Spain. If you are one of the users who prefers not to root the smartphone or install ROMs different from the original, the best thing in your case is to wait for this firmware version to be officially launched in Spain for the version that you have of the Samsung Galaxy Note 4. No However, you also have the option of installing this new firmware version on your Samsung Galaxy Note 4, although you should be very clear that it is a version for the United States mobile phone, which is a CDMA version. You should only install this version if you consider yourself an expert when it comes to installing firmware.
- Download Odin: First, you will have to download Odin, the program used to install firmware on Samsung smartphones. You can download from this link the version 3.10.6 of Odin. Once downloaded, unzip the .zip folder, and run the program.
- Download the firmware: Once you have Odin, then you will have to download that firmware version. Can download it from SamMobile. And once you have downloaded it, you will also have to unzip the folder.
- Start the Galaxy Note 4 in Download Mode: Next, you need to start the Samsung Galaxy Note 4 in Download Mode. For this, turn off the smartphone. And when it’s off, you must simultaneously press and hold the Home, Power and Volume Down buttons. You will see how the smartphone starts up in Download Mode.
- Connect the Galaxy Note 4 to the computer: Now connect the phone to the computer. You can confirm that the Samsung Galaxy Note 4 is connected correctly because in Odin it will confirm it with a blue signal.
- Select the firmware: With the mobile already connected, and in Odin, you must add in the AP / PDA section the firmware file that you have downloaded, which is the one that you are going to install on the Samsung Galaxy Note 4.
- Disable the Re-partition option: There is an option called Re-partition (or Repartition) that must be disabled. Usually this option is already disabled, but confirm it, and if it is not the case, disable this option.
- Installation begins: Now you just have to click on Start to start the installation process, which will run automatically.
Of course, again we remember that this type of procedure should only be carried out by expert users. If you don’t consider yourself an expert user, and you have a Samsung Galaxy Note 4 almost new, it is best to wait for the official firmware update.