Google translator it is an essential tool for many users on a day-to-day basis. In a world as globalized as we live in, we need to know languages to interact or share information with users from other countries. Google, with its fantastic translator, gives us many possibilities in the field of translation and is, for many, the best translation service. Today we will delve even more about this app and we will show you some tricks that will help you get the most out of it that you may not have known about.
We will thoroughly analyze the Google Translate app and investigate to extract the best tricks it has. We assure you that there are some that you will not know and will surprise you. Then.
Google Translate tricks
Translate texts using your mobile camera using Google Translate
The steps to follow for this trick are very simple, and they will help us translate any type of text, focusing the text with the camera from your mobile through Google Translate.
- First of all we must download the application
- Once downloaded and installed, the we execute usually
- Finally, under the option to translate by writing we are shown the camera icon, we press it, we accept permissions and we only need to focus with the camera directly towards the text that we want to translate.
- We make sure that everything we want to translate is there and that’s it
Translate words by writing freehand
This trick allows us write freehand words on the screen of our mobiles with this translator. We may not see it useful, but it is highly recommended for learning Asian spellings.
- We open the app and enter the section “handwriting”
- Next we write letters and words freehand to translate
Copy and paste to translate
With this option, you can copy and paste a specific text and it will be automatically translated when we paste the content into Google Translate. To enable this option, we must copy any text to the clipboard, and a Google Translator notice will automatically appear on the screen of our mobile:
- We enter the app and go to the menu 3 horizontal lines top to left
- Once there, we go to settings and click on the option “Touch to translate”
- Click on enable and we put the preferred languages
- Finally, we can translate by copying and pasting text with the Google translator
Translate texts in Google Translate with your voice
Just talk to microphone from our mobile and speak in the language that we have selected in the translator and start speaking. The translator translates as we speak, although it is better to divide into short sentences. To perform this function we must:
- We open the app and click on the option “voice”.
- Next, we accept permissions and select language.
- All that remains is to speak and what we say will be translated.
Add the most used expressions to «vocabulary»
This option allows us save words, phrases or typical expressions of a specific language. It is very useful if we are traveling in a foreign country and we save expressions such as “Hello”, “Thank you”, “you’re welcome”, “Where to go to …” already translated into that language and keep them safe to use in practice .
- We enter Google Translate
- We translate any phrase normally and once we finish we press the star appearing aside
- When we press the star it will be automatically saved in the section “vocabulary”, found in the options of the 3 horizontal lines. From there we can access them easily
This option allows us translate texts offline, that is, without an internet connection or mobile data. To access it, we must click on the option “Translate offline”. Next we add the languages that we want to translate, and we can use it offline.