Samsung has updated the roadmap that we anticipated a few days ago with updates to Android 9 Pie, the latest version of Google’s operating system, on its terminals. The news that is included, in addition to specifying the expected update in more countries and markets such as China, indicates that the update to Samsung Galaxy Note 8 before the Samsung Galaxy S8 or S8 Plus.
That an OS update arrives earlier in the Note terminals before in the Galaxy S range of turn is not usual. It had not happened like this in previous years but the trend could change in this newly released 2019. And it is that according to what has been learned thanks to the fact that Samsung has updated its update roadmap, which some users can already consult in the Samsung Members application, it is pointed out that the update to Android 9 Pie of the Samsung Galaxy Note 8 would arrive before the Samsung Galaxy S8 or S8 Plus, in February of this year.
Of course, this would not imply that the advance was the same in all markets or even that these dates that we are talking about are respected for the Spanish market, although as we said a few days ago, the release of this roadmap constantly updated It is good news because it can be deduced what will be the scenario of firmware and software updates in the terminals of the Asian company.
As soon as we have available the roadmap with the global updates to Android 9 Pie in Samsung terminals we will let you know.
When would the updates to Android 9 Pie of the Samsung Galaxy Note 8 arrive
With the update of the roadmap, the list of Samsung devices that would be updated to Android 9 Pie would look like this:
- Samsung Galaxy Note 9 (January 2019)
- Samsung Galaxy S9 and S9 Plus (January 2019)
- Samsung Galaxy Note 8 (February 2019)
- Samsung Galaxy S8 and S8 Plus (March 2019)
- Samsung Galaxy Tab S4 10.5 (April 2019)
- Samsung Galaxy A6 and A6 Plus (April 2019)
- Samsung Galaxy A7 (2018) (April 2019)
- Samsung Galaxy A8 Plus (2018) and A8 Star (April 2019)
- Samsung Galaxy A9 (2018) (April 2019)
- Samsung Galaxy J2 (2018) and J2 Core (April 2019)
- Samsung Galaxy J4 (April 2019)
- Samsung Galaxy J6 Plus (April 2019)
- Samsung Galaxy On7 (2018) (April 2019)
- Samsung Galaxy J4 Plus (May 2019)
- Samsung Galaxy J6 (May 2019)
- Samsung Galaxy J8 (May 2019)
- Samsung Galaxy J7 (2017), J7 Duo and J7 Neo (July 2019)
- Samsung Galaxy Tab S3 9.7 (August 2019)
- Samsung Galaxy Tab A (2017) (October 2019)
- Samsung Galaxy Tab A 10.5 (October 2019)
The Samsung Galaxy Note 8 update would surprise the update on the S8 and S8 Plus terminals while confirming the update to Android 9 Pie with OneUI (Samsung’s new layer) to terminals launched between 2017 and last year (the still very recent 2018, of course).